1. You get to work in your pajamas and commuting is reduced to 8 seconds (from bedroom to sofa, with short compulsory stops in the bathroom and the kitchen)
2. It doesn’t matter what adults think
3. Zombies, Vampires, Death Games, Aliens, Ghosts, the Amazing Creature from the Black Lagoon, Werewolves, Witches and Making out at dusk after surviving a space invasion: those are your main concerns of the day.
4. People in the industry think you’re not a SERIOUS writer, which surely means that you’re a FUN writer
5. It’s perfectly okay to quote Scooby Doo
6. Young Adults are mostly concerned about love, sex, their place in the world and what creature might eat them – all very valid subjects
7. Your lunch break lasts up to 5 hours
8. You share with other writers a secret handshake
9. Shopping new books and reading novels while lying in the park is considered “professional development”
10. It’s simply the coolest job in the world, up there with professional surfers and the janitor at Area 51.