1. I will wake up at 6 a.m. and be dragged out of bed by two Swedish creatures (6 year old, 4 year old) demanding breakfast, television and cuddles (in that precise order).
2. I will not strangle myself with coffee, yell and throw marmalade toasts at my computer while reading any new reviews and blog-o-things. I will stay away from Goggle. Well, I might goggle a bit. Doh!
3. I’ll spend my morning working on the outline of my new space invasion YA project, super sizing it with extra cursing, ruckus, general disobedience, random inappropriateness and other trademark bits and bobs.
4. I’ll go and light a candle in front of one of the many Jack Sparrow posters spread all over
5. I will have a thought for my father who was still alive and prouder than a mother hen on hatching day when Chronicle Books bought my manuscript. I’m sure he'd be even prouder today.
6. I will buy enough booze to slow down a large herd of reasonably sized ponies.
7. I will prepare finger version of traditional Swedish gourmet food (hot dogs, burgers, crisps, cake… I’ll throw a herring or two in there for good mesure).
8. Guests, food, drinks, laughs: PARTY!
9. I will get wasted and still resist the urge to phone ex-girlfriends and regale them with babbling tales of my literary adventures.
10. I’ll collapse into bed and dream of space invasion, books writing themselves, and sales ranks in the low two figures.